We offer one of the latest technological advances in dentistry with digital radiography, also known as digital X-rays. A wireless sensor is placed in the mouth, and a computer generates an image in 30 seconds as opposed to the general 4-6 minute wait time for images taken on dental film. These X-rays can also be enhanced on the computer and enlarged.
Not only are they friendly to the environment, they are much safer than traditional X-rays. Digital radiographs reduce a patient's radiation exposure by 90 percent!
We are proud to provide Sirona Dental's CEREC 3-D Technology to our patients in need of restorations. The CEREC system has revolutionized the dental field by meeting the needs of our patients in a more convenient manner. Gone are the days where the patient must return for multiple visits to complete a restoration.
CEREC Technology can design, fabricate and place a ceramic restoration in just one visit! Also with this new system, the need for temporaries or impressions has been eliminated.
How does CEREC work?
- First, the decay and/or old filling is removed.
- Then, the teeth are prepared with a thin coat of reflective powder, and a specialized digital 3-D camera creates a precise digital image of the teeth. This state-of-the-art system replaces the need for messy, cumbersome traditional impressions.
- The computer-aided design (CAD) software then enables us to design and create a restoration specific to your dental needs. These highly durable restorations can also be color-matched for a more natural looking smile.
- We will then attach the restoration to the tooth, and check it for position, placement and bite function. When you leave, you already have your permanent restoration – there is no need for temporaries or follow-up appointments!
What are the advantages of this system?
CEREC holds several advantages over conventional restoration systems, including:
- Your restoration is started and completed on the same appointment – no wait times, no temporary crowns, no return visits, no hassle!
- The entire process is usually completed in less than an hour.
- Less need for local anesthetic and fewer shots.
- All CEREC restorations are made from natural-looking, tooth-colored porcelain material that is metal-free, very bio-compatible and plaque-resistant.
- In many cases, more healthy tooth structure can be saved, since the restoration can be used in place of a full crown.