Regarding oral hygiene, neglecting the basics can have dire consequences. Poor oral hygiene can lead to various dental problems, including cavities, gum disease, tooth discoloration, and bad breath. Unfortunately, many people only realize the importance of proper dental care once it is too late. Fortunately, Provo, UT, residents have access to some of the best general dentistry care in the nation. East Mountain Dental offers a wide range of general dentistry services, from routine checkups to more extensive treatments. The practice is run by three dentists: Dr. Ryan Hamilton, Dr. Michael Roberts, and Dr. Seager.
Our General Dentists
Dr. Hamilton and Dr. Roberts specialize in preventive dental care, emphasizing helping patients maintain healthy teeth and gums. Their services include cleanings, x-rays, and fluoride treatments. They also offer cosmetic dentistry, including veneers and whitening.
Dr. Seager is a skilled cosmetic dentist who can help improve the appearance of your teeth. He offers a variety of treatments, including Invisalign, dental implants, and porcelain veneers.
Regardless of your dentist, neglecting your oral hygiene can lead to many problems. You can avoid cavities, gum disease, and tooth discoloration with regular dental visits and a commitment to proper oral hygiene.
Consequences of Neglecting Your Oral Health and Hygiene
As people, we know that taking care of our teeth is essential. But unfortunately, many of us need to pay more attention to our oral hygiene and health. Neglecting them is a huge mistake, which can lead to various consequences. Here are five consequences of neglecting your oral hygiene and oral health.
- Gum Disease: One of the most common consequences of poor oral hygiene is gum disease, also known as periodontal disease. Poor oral hygiene can lead to a buildup of bacteria, plaque, and tartar, which can cause inflammation and infection of the gums. If left untreated, the infection can spread to the bone and lead to tooth loss.
- Tooth Decay: Tooth decay is another common consequence of poor oral hygiene. Neglecting to brush and floss your teeth can lead to bacteria buildup, which can cause cavities and tooth decay.
- Bad Breath: Bad breath, also known as halitosis, is another consequence of neglecting your oral hygiene. Poor oral hygiene and bacteria buildup can cause unpleasant odors to emanate from your mouth.
- Tooth Sensitivity: Poor oral hygiene can also cause the enamel of your teeth to erode, making your teeth more sensitive to hot and cold temperatures. The sensitivity can make eating and drinking very uncomfortable.
- Jaw Pain: Neglecting your oral hygiene can also lead to jaw pain. Poor oral hygiene can lead to gum disease, which can cause inflammation and infection of the gums. The infection can lead to jaw pain and tenderness.
As you can see, there are a variety of consequences to neglecting your oral hygiene and oral health. That’s why taking care of your teeth by brushing and flossing regularly and visiting your dentist for regular checkups is important. Doing so will help ensure that your teeth and gums stay healthy and strong.
Dental Checkup and Cleaning in Provo
A dental checkup and cleaning at East Mountain Dental in Provo, UT, is a comprehensive and comprehensive experience. Upon arrival, you will be greeted by the friendly staff, who will review your medical history, take X-rays and conduct a thorough oral exam. Your dentist will check for decay, gum disease, and other problems during the exam. After the exam, the hygienist will thoroughly clean and floss your teeth. During the cleaning, the hygienist will use special tools and techniques to remove any food particles, plaque, and tartar buildup. After the cleaning, your dentist will apply a fluoride treatment to the teeth to help prevent cavities and strengthen the enamel. East Mountain Dental in Provo, UT, provides a full range of dental services and can help our patients maintain optimal oral health.
General Dentistry in Provo Utah
For residents of Provo, UT, East Mountain Dental provides comprehensive general dentistry in Provo Utah. With three highly skilled dentists on staff, patients can rest assured that they are getting the best possible care. So don’t wait until it’s too late—schedule an appointment today and start taking better care of your oral health!